Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years in London

So, I'm getting old, stodgy and boring. I tend to find places with loud music a little uncomfortable, because I can't distinguish properly between the background noise, and conversation.
Crowds also piss me off. And we were both unwell

It was for these reasons (and cold, and laziness) that we stayed home on New Years Eve. We drank a little bit amongst ourselves, watched some movies, then the fireworks on tv. It must be one of the quietest nyes ever. But I think we were both happy.

I didn't feel like going out - I don't see quite what the big deal is.. it's just like a Sunday night really. Plus, the footage we saw of the banks of the Thames - it was pretty damn crowded. Probably lots of little Gypsy girls there, lookin to steal wallets. The fireworks also didn't look entirely spectacular.

I think the place to be might have been inside the little thinggies on the London Eye.

But oh well, we spent it together, and we're glad:)

No comments:

Post a Comment