Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Lengthening Shadow

Or shortening, I'm not sure? Anyway. It seems the longer days are almost here again.

Despite Rhiannon telling me consistently that during winter, it would be dark by 4:00 in the afternoon (ok, you were right.) I wasn't quite prepared for it, even though it happened sort of slowly. God it was a surprise though, to look out the window at work one afternoon at around 4:00 and find it dark.

Anyway. Yesterday morning, we both woke up yesterday - Rhiannon with a start going "oh my god what time is it".
Turns out it was 6:55. IE, before we were supposed to wake up. But it was so BRIGHT !
Previously, it would still be kind of dark once I eventually dragged my ass out of bed around 8:00am.

Now, it's gorgeously bright! and the past two days have even been sunny! not warm, this is England people, but sunny.
And it's still almost light at 6:00pm now !

You know what this means. Summer is approaching again.

Also - it's been just over a year now we've been here. Just thought I'd mention that..

No comments:

Post a Comment