Monday, April 11, 2011

BHP

BHP is one of the biggest companies in the world. Their helpdesk is currently outsourced to IBM, and run by about 5 or 6 guys in India. It seems this is upsetting the high level staff that work in the London office.


So they want to outsource the helpdesk a bit further. To us. And I'm the trailblazer. I'll be going out there by myself, to work within their processes and procedures, and be someone who can break down the understanding barrier. Awesome. There's a little more to it from the side of what my employer wants me to do, but basically, i'm representing IBM, and there should be no discussion of my employer. It's a 3 month contract, and they want someone ASAP. Yet I'm away for a good 4 weeks of it.


And we can't even work out when they want me to start - especially as I'm about to go away for another 17 days. More about that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment