Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Singularity Christmas


While it may be far from the first christmas we have spent together, this year was the first christmas we actually spent alone. Figuratively speaking. It doesn't mean we couldn't eat up a storm though.

As we mentioned earlier in the year, we found Iceland - so our christmas lunch/dinner was comprised entirely of frozen food. Laugh if you will. It's not bad food. But I've railed on that before on this site I'm sure.





To start with:
Three Bird Roast, with stuffing. Duck and chicken, stuffed inside a turkey breast roll, with Marmalade sauce caramelised on top. Oh come on, which of you hasn't wanted to try a multi-bird roast? I'm just too lazy to make it myself.







Honey Roasted Parsnips. Not just parsnips, but covered in a honey glaze, and baked in the oven.

Stuffing Balls. You heard me. Balls of stuffing - herb and something in this case. Just chuck em in the oven. I didn't realise at this point that we had stuffing already in the turkey.





Yorkshires. These are relatively new to Rhiannon, but mum's been making them for me for years. Still, at £1.50 for a pack of 12, and 4 minutes in the oven, as if I could be bothered making my own.

Gravy. Go figure. It's just not roast dinner without gravy. all thick and dark and greasy, spooned into those glorious yorkshires, drizzled across the meat...

I was going to have steamed frozen vegetables, but by this point, my plate looked very full, so I gave up on this idea. then we moved on to dessert.

Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake. It's got nothing on our double-cooked caramel cheesecake but was still pretty good for a frozen dessert.

We followed it up even more later with mini chocolate and mint melts. We could have heated these, but didn't bother.

Stand by for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment