Friday, November 12, 2010

More Chip Flavours

So I see that recently, my post on Chip Flavours has been quite popular. (Yes, that's right, I'm a little man, sitting in a server room, looking at everything you do. I can also Read Your Email.)

So, I thought I'd write another post on chip flavours. This one refers to chicken flavoured chips, and is quite pleasing, while saddening at the same time. So let's crack on chaps. (See how I dropped some english-speak in there ?:P)

On Wednesday, as I was leaving for work, I checked the mail, as is my wont. I should mention, this was the second time I was leaving for work, as I decided I want my coat. (Yes. There's an onion on my belt, deal with it.)

So Anyway, i checked the mailbox, and in the mailbox is this gigantic big Australia Post Envelope. Now, this wasn't a surprise, because earlier, we'd been begging Trevor and Judy to send us some stuff. Namely, Chicken Salt. Because the goodness that is chicken salt seems to be entirely unheard of here. Much like dimsims, unfortunately, they can't be posted.

Anyway, I took this gigantic big package inside. Fuck Rhiannon, thought I, as I ripped the parcel open. I withdrew, among some other things (which I will get to) I found two small tubs of Windsor Farm chicken salt. The good type. Oh Yay. Fantastic. So now, we get chicken salt flavoured chips. And it's been... fuck.... 9 months now.. without the chickeny goodness. You really don't understand until you miss it. That's the flavoured chips over and done with.

I promptly sent Rhiannon a message saying "pick up some fries on your way home. You won't regret it." she was confused, but did so. Ergo, flavoured chips for dinner. Fantastic. however did I live without MSG?

Also in the package, entirely unexpected, was a number of other candy items. Or sweets. Or lollies. Pick your own cultural reference. Anyway. I'm not sure if these things are available here, but I guess Judy had ever so kindly thrown them in for us.

Musk sticks. Little pink things. So good. Had forgotten about them, but now they have awakened inside me. Baskin Robbins Cookies & Cream hard candies. Never seen these before, but still got, albeit a bit strong on the vanilla essence. Trolli Sour Worms. Now you can get sour worms over here, but they aren't the same. Ours are better. They just are. Shut up. They are currently sitting unopened, but i'm sure i'll get to them. There was also a "Vampire Sucker" - liquid candy filled lollypops. GOd knows what this is, (well, liquid filled candy) but it's a nod to halloween (which is much bigger here).

I mentioned the parcel being somewhat saddening at the top of the post didn't I. Oh yes. You thought I'd forgotten, and would stop writing. Well, have a quick weep, grab a beer and come back to keep reading.


Ok, let's go.

Firstly - not so much saddening but shocking, the postage price of the parcel. All up, the stuff in the parcel would have cost, what, $AUD15? It weighed about a kilo. Wanna take a bet on how much it cost? It cost enough to feed a starving child in Africa, for a month. More than a month in fact. (Assuming, as per World Vision's statement, $1 would feed a child for a day).
$35.00. How the FUCK do you justify that Australia Post? I mean really. Still, at least it was quick to get here. Although I put that down to Royal Mail more than Aus Post, which as I've heard, is like a turtle made of pure cast duratanium, it doesn't matter what you do or so, it'll just keep plodding along. (It's slow.)


Anyway. Also in the package was a letter that was forwarded on from dad. This probably seems a bit harsh, handling mail through an intermediary, but it's not like that. Honest. (At least, I really don't intend it to be.) It's mainly because we knew they were sending us the chickeny goodness anyway, so it made just one package. You can all send us all the mail you want if you like! Just pack it full of money :P

Anyway, I made a post back in June - actually, it was July. I talked in riddles, but it was a pretty rough time. Unless you actually know what it was about, it's probably hard to interpret. The letter from dad contained two things. One was an In Memoriam card. The other was the program from my grandfather's funeral. So, yea. It's saddening.

No comments:

Post a Comment