Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weather's here, wish you were fine.

As you may recall, we left in February. At the tail end of yet another Melbourne heat wave. It was kinda cold when we got here, but we adjusted, then it became a lovely, warm, sunny summer, not just here, but also in Europe.

It's now November.
And the weather is here. Last night walking home from the train station at 7:45pm, the cars were covered with frost. It's not ice yet, but I'm sure it's not far. This morning at 9:00am, it was still foggy.

I noticed at about 4:30, it was dark. Not getting dark, Dark. The winter is here. And I think I'm a little bit less optimistic than I have been. It's a different cold. I think we mentioned it in one of our first London posts, but it gets right inside you. Even if there's no wind, it's just damp, or wet, air, and it feels like it's inside your bones.

It's only 6 more months though, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment