Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rhiannon doesn't agree

(In fact, she thinks i'm kind of nuts) but this is possibly the coolest, Ever. We've been hearing for days about how it's going to snow. It was supposed to snow on Saturday, etc. It's now Tuesday.

And I'm disappointed, because by the time we woke up, there was already white outside, so we actually missed the first snow of the year. (Incidently, it's not even December yet.)

Still, as I walked down to the station with Rhiannon, it was snowing on us again, so at least we both got to experience it together.



I'm sitting here now, looking out the window watching it, and it's calming and peaceful. I wouldn't have expected to feel this delighted about it all. I'm like a little kid. We were hoping for soft, fluffy snow but no, it's just like icy stuff. What I did notice though, it's so much quieter! Maybe snow really does deaden sound.

My trains, so far, are still running, however there's already significant delays on Rhiannon's overground line, and her normal train didn't arrive, so she's likely to be late. That's the downside to her route (rowte, not root!) to work I guess - the trains aren't as regular as the underground.

1 comment: