Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Don't get me wrong...

I recognise the rights of unions, or even non-union employees, to strike, if they feel they aren't getting a fair deal. That makes perfect sense to me. In particular right now, I'm talking about the BA strikes

I just wish they would do it some other time. As you're probably aware, we're booked to fly BA on the 20th of May, for the start of our honeymoon. Smack in the middle of the first strike.

Oh sure, we could rebook, or get a refund, etc. But we don't want to do that. We want to fly to Rome, damnit. We're up for ~£280 if we want to go Eurostar (or another airline, I haven't looked at that yet.)

And we still have to contend with the volcano. 3 years we've been planning and waiting for this.. it's not going to get fkd up on us now.

Stay tuned.. we find out tomorrow or Friday the status of our flights...

No comments:

Post a Comment