Saturday, July 17, 2010

St Pancras

So this morning was somewhat of a clusterfk. No trains on the jubilee line.

Still, with a little bit of finesse, we found our way towards swiss cottage, and threw the rest of our gear in a storage unit.

We hopped a bus, which eventually got us to St Pancras, where I now sit, on a cold floor, on my ass. At least we're eating, so I shouldn't complain. We're due to check in for a Eurostar to Brussels very soon. It's really time...

Getting through checkin and customs is kind of similar to boarding an airplane, but a whole heap quicker and easier. Scan your ticket here, walk through the barrier.
Put your bags on the conveyor. No sir, no need to remove your laptop. No sir, no need to remove any electronics. That's fine sir. Just walk through the detector doors.

And that's it. We now sit in a waiting lounge. Overall, so far I think trains are a much much better way for things to work than flying. Even passport control was quick. We have nice new stamps in our passports now, stating we exited the united kingdom. Which is odd, considering I never got one when I came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment