Saturday, July 10, 2010

Yay for server migration.

So yesterday, I got another day of work with a managed services company. The emailed job description was 8 hours from 1p-9p, and involved working in a team of 4 to deconstruct a set of 10 racks at an IBM data centre

Firstly, I'm incredibly glad to have had the opportunity to complete work like that again. It's a far cry from the last work I did in a desktop roll out.

We thought we were almost done by 3, then the guys start talking about going down to another data centre to do a build-up. I'd never been told about this, most of the other team members had never been told.


anyway, I hopped a lift, and after being stuck in traffic jams, we eventually started rebuilding around 6:30

I was just glad to be doing work like that again, even if it meant working with what is (in my mind) inferior ibm rack kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment