Thursday, September 23, 2010

Back on the hunt...

The fact of being back in London means two things. One, we have very little money left. Two, we need jobs. Rhiannon's applying for Admin and HR/Recruitment based roles, as a bit of a change, and will still be doing casual supply teaching in the mean time.
I'm back on the same old band wagon.


By which I mean sending in 10s of applications every day, for 2nd/3rd line support roles, systems administrator roles, team leader/supervisor roles, and short term roles.

However, with a vastly revamped CV, including a 6 month break, and some London experience, I seem to be getting a little more luck this time. I'm actually getting interest from recruiters. I had one interview planned for a team lead role, but apparently the role has changed. I had an interview yesterday for a technical role at the base level of a startup, where they'd want me to be very heavily involved in building the business, including sales and marketting.
I had another cal yesterday for an immediate start role, which I'm waiting for a call back on (I'll call this afternoon) and another call this morning for a 27£ per hour 2nd/3rd line role that they expect to hear back about "towards the end of next week"

So all in all, things seem to be going a little better than last time. I'm also applying for full permanent roles this time, instead of just contracts. Something will go right I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment