Friday, September 10, 2010

Itchy and Scratchy Land - The happiest place on earth

Since I'm not a Simpson, I only got to go to EuroDisney. It's another of those things that you just "have to do". We'd pre-purchased tickets online for 47EUR each, to get access to two parks for one day. Saved us 20EUR each from buying on the day, and meant skipping the ticket line. It's unlikely you'd get time to see both parks though.

Disney Land is just a big, themed adventure park really. Lots of rides. Some high energy rollercoaster things, other not so much. Because we went at a lower time (after school holidays, during the week) it wasn't as busy as I would have imagined it could be.

We still spent almost an hour waiting in line for a 2 minute ride on the Big Thunder Mountain ride, but that was the worst of the whole day. It was definitely worth it though. All roller-coastery but no loops or spins or anything. Just fast, and through some black areas.

Because I'm a bit of a thrill seeker, I also did Indiana Jones Temple of Peril, and the Space Mountain 2 rides, both of which are very high energy, upside down, loops, all that sort of stuff. I did them by myself though.
Space Mountain 2 is VERY disconcerting - it's pitch black, so you have NO idea what's going to happen, which makes it disorienting and almost sickening. Still fun though.

After a few more of the kiddy rides (including It's a Small World, get out of my fukn head now!) we ended the day at close to 600pm, and caught the train back into the city for dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment