Thursday, March 11, 2010

We have found....


A pub. As I mentioned earlier we've been doing the rounds of all the local pubs and drinking establishments in walking distance. So far we've been into, or at least observed and discounted, 6 including tonight.


Tonight, we found Flynn's. It's pictured over on the right. Rhiannon has noted it several times on the bus on her way to work. It's a little bit further to walk than most of the others, and the initial atmosphere was very similar... sort of "yes, who are you what are you doing here" - it wasn't that, but just a very quick, how can I help you... mainly wanting to provide good service.

But it had beer, and cider, and a pool table. And after a little while, we found the staff to be remarkably talkative and friendly, and by the end of the night, we'd traded names, and she asked "do you think you'll be back"

We both think yes. So, so far, out of 6 pubs in Willesden Green, we are big fans of Flynns, 117 High Road, Willesden Green, NW10. We'll certainly be back.

Rhiannon, still having trouble finding JohnnyWalker, tried both Bushmills and Jamesons, preferring bushmills. Antoher thing we've noticed is, coke is usually served out of bottles, and isn't very cold. I was drinking.. ahh.. some sort of 'bitter' - I forget the name right now, but I didn't feel like Stella, Guiness fills me up, and in 10 years of drinking in Australia, I've never once drunk Fosters, so I'm not gonna start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment