Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The TV Man...

Came to the front door of our complex today, and rang the buzzer. Me being me, had to go down and see the guy....

As you may, or may not be aware, it's law in the UK that you pay for a TV licence. IE, if you own a tv, they assume you watch what they call "terrestrial" TV. It should be noted that you require a license no matter what tv you watch - sky, hd, cable, terrestrial, even live streaming Tv on a computer.

Not being very tv-inclined at the best of times, I whole heartedly jack up at this entire concept, just on a basic level. Based on reports I have heard, I would jack up even more based on the pure unadulterated quality of the programming of "free"-to-air tv here. If the reports I hear are true, then I completely understand why the UK audiences go so completely nuts for Neighbours and Home and Away.

2 comments:

  1. You have to pay for 'Free'-to-air T.V? ROFL.. Thankgod we don't watch T.V! Thou you have to get one even if you stream T.V? How would they know? Is it expencive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently they have detectors. I call foul though - even if it ever gets to the point of them taking someone to court, they refuse to tell the public how the detectors work, so they wouldn't be able to use that as evidence anyway... :_)
    they also don't have our names, or know which room in the complex is ours

    ReplyDelete