Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My new favourite place in the world

I adore the Sefton Hotel in Douglas, Isle of Man!

It's awesome! Amazing, massive hardwood floor and part carpeted floors; Big balcony overlooking a gorgeous atrium including a beautiful fountain (best part of this was sitting on our couch on the balcony listening to the fountain trickle); Nice, flat-screen tv; Huge bathroom including everything you could possibly think of... including 2 showers and a bidet (didn't use this); Steam room (first time I'd ever used one of these and I came to quite enjoy it, most places only seem to have saunas if anything... and the Sefton had one of those also... not such a fan of this, though... Also I must mention a gourgeous, fantastic, excellent, brilliant INDOOR POOL!!! Now it doesn't take much for me to love a pool, but this one was just beautiful with pillars, blue lights, a statue, all giving it a roman bath kind of feel. Oh, and there was also a jacuzzi, that was a nice end to our relaxy spa sessions. These are all included in the room price, but there's also extra spa stuff you pay to do... or have done to you :P I'm talking about massages, facials etc.

Oh, and a gym... didn't use this... :)

All this and we also got a great buffet breakfast each morning... somehow for the low price of 70 euros a night. Best deal we have ever found!

Best of all, though... the service. I firmly believe that it's the most important thing to consider when running a hotel, guesthouse, B & B or whatever. It can make or break a place, and the Sefton have impeccable service.

Wow! Sounds like I work for the place, doesn't it? But I swear I don't, I was just seriously very impressed and can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment