Monday, April 26, 2010

It's only for a few weeks....

At least, that's one way of looking at it. You see, I've had a recruiter call to discuss a role with me. But it's a 24x7 rotating shift job.

And I decided quite some time ago, that I didn't want to get back into a role like that. Even at £220 a day. And I'm fairly sure that's flat, no matter which shift I work.

Don't get me wrong - the job sounds pretty good, and it's not too far to commute. But I don't know if I want to go back into shift work, even though we're only here for another 3-4 weeks. As has been pointed out - at least it would give me a good reason as to why I left the role, "I found the 24x7 shift work too hard." And it's on-site shift work. I could maybe cope if it was on-call at home.

But it would get UK experience on my CV, and it would at least get me back into work, which I have definitely been crying about.

So I don't know what to do. I've been sent the position description, and I said I'd give the recruiter a call tomorrow after having discussed the role.

On the flip side, I have had some calls about some other roles too, so I just need to decide. One is a 2 week role, which would be perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I ended up deciding I couldn't fairly commit to this role, so rang and spoke to the recruiter this morning, who says he understands.

    However, the agent who put me forward for the role just before we went to the Isle of Man rang today, and has me on an interview tomorrow morning :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not so much that it's hard.. it's just like working really.. but it's just at random hours. The part that bothers me is not being able to wake up next to my wife, or potentially not see her for extended periods.. been there, done that :/

    I don't know how hard it is to get a US passport.. :P

    ReplyDelete